Founded by Huw Samuel, Insight Collision Forensics, provides a quality collision investigation and CCTV analysis service to the legal and insurance sectors.
A keen cyclist and classic car enthusiast in his spare time, Huw has an inquisitive mind and an interest in road transport which led him to choose a career as a forensic collision investigator.
Huw is a Full (Professional) Member of the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences (MCSFS), a Certificated Automotive Engineer, a Member of the Institute of the Motor Industry (CAE MIMI) and a Member of the Association of Road Risk Management (MARRM). He is also a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists and has been trained by the Police to Advanced Car (Class 1) standard, vehicle pursuit management and 4 x 4 off road driving. Huw holds a full UK car, motorcycle and Category C ‘Heavy Goods’ driver’s licence.
A qualified forensic collision investigator and vehicle examiner, having been involved in the investigation of serious and fatal road traffic collisions since 2001, Huw has investigated and provided expert evidence on a wide range of road traffic collisions involving pedestrians, motorcycles, bicycles, cars and large vehicles. This has included fatal and serious injury collisions involving police vehicles and also murders where vehicles have been used as weapons. Huw was formerly Merseyside Police’s Senior Forensic Collision Investigator.
Huw has provided expert evidence to assist the Courts on numerous occasions and regularly sat on Merseyside Police Driver Standards Panel where the training needs of Police drivers were highlighted and addressed. He has also provided Police Discipline Panels with expert evidence.
Huw has been commended for his work on several occasions.
Huw Samuel – Training Highlights
- City & Guilds Forensic Collision Investigation for Police Personnel (Part 1)
- City & Guilds Forensic Collision Investigation for Police
- De Montford University Cert HE Forensic Road Collision Investigation (incl CCTV Analysis, Accelerometers, Driver & The Environment, Applied Mathematics and Statistics for collision investigation)
- City & Guilds Vehicle Inspection and Prohibition of Light Goods (≤ 7.5t)
- City & Guilds Tachograph (driver’s hours, analogue and digital devices)
- AiTS (UK) Pedestrian and Pedal Cycle Collisions
- AiTS (UK) AiDamage Operator (vehicle crush damage analysis)
- AiTS (UK) CCTV Analysis
- Michelin Police – Tyre Technical
- Sheffield Hallam Uni Forensic examination of lightbulbs
- EuDarts Bosch CDR Analysist and Technician Listed Expert (Air Bag Modules)